In this episode, I sit down with a childhood friend Candy Lawrence to discuss her personal journey with Bipolar Disorder. Bipolar affects about 6 million people in the United States, but is rarely talked about. Candy shares how her substance use affected her Bipolar II Diagnosis and how sobriety was the missing puzzle piece to enhancing her mental health. Candy remains vulnerable throughout the episode in sharing her stories as her diagnosis unfolded, her experiences with the mental health system, how she manages her new reality, and much more!
This episodes dives into:
- Candy shares her story of how she discovered she had Bipolar II Disorder.
- Symptoms that were challenging to manage at the time.
- Candy shares how she learned to manage her symptoms and what has been most helpful for her in regard to therapy, medication, and holistic approaches.
- How resiliency has helped in managing Bipolar Disorder.
- How to prioritize and create a schedule to practice healthy coping habits.
- Continuous challenges when living with Bipolar Disorder.
- What Candy likes most about going to therapy.
Connect with Candy Lawrence on Instagram @comedylawrence or her website https://comedylawrence.com.
Open Path: Affordable Mental Health Care found at openpath.com