Today I’m really excited to share my conversation with Monica Denais, LatinX Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Rehabilitation Counselor in Dallas, Texas. Monica was also a huge support to me in starting this podcast. I can’t wait to share her wisdom with you in this episode. We talk about the struggles of perfectionism, as well as how to identify and overcome these traits. Monica and I share our own struggles with perfectionism and how we have helped ourselves and our clients to cope and transform this way of thinking.
This episodes dives into:
- The positive twist of perfectionism and how to utilize it for good.
- How to identify perfectionism.
- How perfectionism shows up in various stages and cycles of life.
- Diving into the roots of perfectionism.
- Impact of your family of origin and the roles within our family system on perfectionistic tendencies.
- Justine & Monica share their own stories which led them to perfectionistic habits.
- How standards of communities and cultures impact perfectionism.
- The relationship between anxiety and perfectionism.
- The connection of procrastination and perfectionism.
- Shame as the driving force of perfectionism.
- Various models of therapy that support perfectionistic tendencies.
Connect with Monica Denais, LPC on Instagram @cafewithmonica and @wellnesspodcasters or her website here.
- Monica offers counseling to individuals in Texas, 1:1 Mental Health Coaching and 1:1 Podcast Coaching for Therapists. For more information visit www.monicadenais.com.
- Justine’s Freebie: 6 Signs of Perfectionism Getting in the Way of Your Happiness
- Recommended Book: Tiger Mom by Amy Chua
- Download my free guide on 6 Signs that your Perfectionism is getting in the way of your happiness here.